Monday, August 3, 2009

First Day of School



What a wonderful day! The kids and I started school this morning with such excitement and the day did not disappoint. We taught Evie about the calendar and today's date, and practiced writing the letter A. They helped her practice writing the number one by making lots of play money and then set up a store out back to allow her to practice counting. Then, we read a book or two and LilliAnn learned to upload photos into publisher to create a book about our first day of school while the other two drew illustrations. We finished the day with a trip to B&N to pick out the free books the kids earned this summer through their summer reading challenge and then home to enjoy a 1st Day of School celebration at tea time. I hope every day is as wonderful as this has been. Tomorrow we'll be adding a bit more work, but they seem excited to dig into our study of Egypt, so I am confident there won't be any complaints.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your first day went well! The kids look so old, esp. Grayson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a successful first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl ..my mom did it my whole childhood education and I am so glad she made that sacrifice! :) They will love it, and I you are the perfect homeschool mom ..so excited :)

    ReplyDelete