Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Sorry I haven't posted lately. It has been busy around here and I have misplaced my camera, so posting just didn't seem high on my priority list. Here are a few recent highlights:

We have been studying ancient Greece. A few weeks ago we discussed the architecture and learned the different column styles. The kids picked up on it pretty quickly. We even got to examine a miniature frieze that my mother has from Greece. Then, we used clay to build our own columns and friezes. Grayson and Evie both chose to make Doric columns while LilliAnn took on the more challenging Corinthian columns (which we learned are not actually Greek, but Roman architecture.) I'll post pictures if I can ever find my camera.

Our noveling club has been fabulous! The kids are all so amazing. We are ready to begin writing our novels now that we have developed characters, diagrammed our plot arcs and detailed a few of our settings. It has been such a joy for me to lead them through this adventure and last week they really gratified me with their excitement. They all agreed that they couldn't wait to get started on their novels because they have so many ideas now for other stories that they want to write. Nanowrimo starts in just one week, so we are about to start the real work. I can't wait to be bragging about their success!

I know that we have had a lot more excitement than all of that, but all my brain can think about right now is the move that is coming up in a week. Thank you for all of your prayers for our family and for your support this year in our homeschooling adventure. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment